The FSDS is now recruiting for a full time Executive Director. Job Description as follows:
The Executive Director of the Foundation for Service Dog Support, Inc. (FSDS) is appointed by the Board of Directors. Reporting to the Board s/he is the top ranking officer under the direction and guidance of the Board is responsible for the strategic, programmatic, financial and administrative operations of the entire Foundation in the community and nationally; establishing a new office, and initiating the administrative tasks inherent in launching a new enterprise. S/he is further responsible for overseeing the orderly growth of the Foundation in compliance with the duly adopted By-Laws, Policies and Operating Rules.
Additionally s/he will operate in compliance with:
- Federal and State law governing public non-profit corporations;
- The explicit and implicit goals outlined in the by-laws and business plan;
- Implement budgets and initiatives approved by the Board
- Serve as the chief officer to the Board.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Non-Profit Management from an accredited institution and/or a Bachelor’s Degree (as noted) plus 5 years of progressive experience in growing and managing a small non-profit, agency, bureau or company. A certificate in fundraising is preferred, but not required.
A successful candidate must have at least five (5) years of progressive experience in growing and managing a small non-profit organization, agency, bureau or company. Must possess strong skills in statistical analysis, spreadsheet and database. Familiarity with disability issues and service dog requirements is preferred. Must have a Class I fingerprint clearance card, or be willing to obtain one as a condition of hire.
A successful candidate must have the ability to:
- be a visionary
- communicate effectively with a variety of people, both orally and in writing
- be decisive but flexible
- develop cooperative work groups
- challenge staff
- actively listen
- be innovative
- set measurable and achievable goals
- celebrate accomplishments
- role model strong interpersonal skills
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all daily operations which are essential to growth, and necessary to ensure the well-being of the FSDS. This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Board Administration and Support
Supports the operation and administration of the Board by advising, informing and keeping the Board members informed of the operational functions and or issues of the organization, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting the Board’s evaluation of a Chief Financial Officer
- Program, Product and Service Delivery
Oversees the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services including but not limited to grant writing, technical reporting to Federal/State Authorities, overseeing the start-up of an on-line store, set-up , maintenance, and reporting on the Web site and Database Registry.
- Financial, Risk and Facilities Management Recommends a yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages the organization’s resources within those budget guidelines approved by the Board and in according to State and Federal current laws and regulations. Ensures that all programs operate effectively and are fiscally sound.
- Human Resources Management
Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to the vision of the FSDS and all current employment laws and regulations in the state of operation.
- Community and Public Relations
Assures the FSDS and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant funders and the general public. Oversees the educational aspect of the FSDS ensuring the most up-to-date educational information is generated and disseminated.
- Fundraising (nonprofit-specific)
Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
Setting Strategy and Vision:
- establishing and managing budget / oversee and sign off on all payroll submissions
- generating fundable proposals
- approval and implementation of projects
- development of the short and long term business plan
- set measurable goals and objectives
- directing how the FSDS differentiates itself from others
- provision of periodic updates to funding sources
- oversee the maintenance of acceptable and approved accounting practices
- recommends the establishment of senior management team
- developmental / promotional recommendations to the Board of ongoing staff
- oversee training and development
- maintenance of administrative supports
- development and maintenance of a quality human resource system to deal with employee compensation, and benefits
- establishment and oversight of risk management protocol
Provision of timely and accurate reports to:
- Funding sources
- State Corporation Commission
- Internal Revenue Service
- Board of Directors
- Be Connected Network
- State Office of Apprenticeship
- State Approving Agency (SAA) Office of the Veterans Administration
Building the culture of the Foundation:
- oversee the development of policy and procedures to ensure relevancy
- final decision regarding hiring and firing of employees
- building relations with volunteer members
- ensuring the prudent use of due process in all endeavors
- leadership of the senior management team
- establishment of a process for conflict resolution
- provide support to all committees
- maintenance of high quality communications among Board related activities
- maintaining proactive relations with grant funding sources
- ensure a positive morale amongst paid and volunteer staff
- promote positive reinforcement for all staff
- promote positive relationships with community partners
Day to day operations of the Foundation
- oversee the management of ongoing projects
- provide direction to working committees
- building positive relationships with current and future funding sources
- delegation of responsibilities to staff members
- ensuring high quality communications with members of the senior management team and staff
- oversight of all major decisions that impact the fiduciary, legal and ethical health of the FSDS
- provide for the development, direction, support and quality of program models
- provide for the overall functioning of the FSDS support network
- oversight of the recruitment of quality staff
- involve employees / volunteers in classroom-based and community-based activities
- provide for a work environment that promotes, encourages and allows for individual growth of employees
- oversees the ongoing evaluation of the FSDS goals, objectives and progress
- maintains visibility in the community
- works closely with the Director of Research and Development for development and management of research projects as well as the gathering and analysis of program metrics and other pertinent data
- performs statistical analysis, root cause analysis, and problem analysis as indicated.
- oversee / manage payroll functions provided by our outside agency.
- communicate and provide needed financials to outside CPA firm on a quarterly basis
Must be comfortable working with
- MS applications (Word, Excel)
- Google platform
- Database and statistical analysis
Interested candidates should submit their resume to: email@example.com